Is it safe to study abroad?

Some countries or regions may temporarily be unsafe. The university keeps a close eye on developments of this nature, based on the travel advice of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

If a certain region is really too dangerous (code orange or red), students are not allowed to go there. If there are already students in the area, we will contact them and advise them what action to take.

We have also created an ‘emergency contact card’ which you can fill in and keep in your wallet. This card contains a number you can call in case of an emergency. Make sure that you have an emergency contact card before you travel abroad. You can obtain the card from your international exchange officer or at PITSstop in Plexus Student Centre.