I have a Dutch passport. Why do I have to pay a high tuition fee rate?

If you are a Dutch national and will follow a government-subsidised study programme, which is not a second degree programme, you are generally entitled to pay statutory tuition fee (also known as home fee). However if you will follow a second Dutch degree programme, or a non-government subsidised degree programme, you will generally have to pay an institutional tuition fee (also known as high fee).

For information on tuition fee regulations and amounts please visit our website.