I am an international student. Do I have to register at my local Town Hall?

If you will stay in the Netherlands for longer than four months, or if you have been granted a student residence permit, you have to register with the municipal authorities in the town where you will reside. After registering at your local Dutch town hall you will be allocated a BSN (citizen service number). A BSN is required for purposes such as opening a Dutch bank account.