Do I have to submit a ‘declaration of financial means and insurance’?

In order for the Admissions Office to request your initial student residence permit, you are required to submit proof of sufficient funds for your first academic year. Thereafter, if your study programme is longer than 12 months in duration, you must submit a ‘declaration of  financial means and insurance’ to the Admissions Office prior to each subsequent academic year. In this declaration you state that you have sufficient funds and adequate health insurance  for the upcoming study period (up to 12 months).

Please be aware that the Dutch Immigration Department is entitled to check the financial status of all student residence permit holders at any time, if they think it necessary.