Can I come to Leiden University on a working holiday permit or scheme instead of a residence permit?

For the maximum duration of 1 year exchange students from Canada, New Zealand and Australia have the opportunity to apply for the WHP (Canada) or WHS (Australia, New-Zealand) instead of a residence permit for study purposes.